On Sun, 2006-03-12 at 23:23 -0500, JimD wrote:
> Hey group,
>
> My trusty old computer died tonight :(

I _wish_ mine would die, then I could justify an upgrade ;)  Maybe it
will have an ... accident!

> Intel Pentium D 805 Smithfield 533MHz FSB 2 x 1MB L2 Cache LGA 775 Dual
> Core,EM64T Processor

I just bought an Pentium D 830 (Dual core 3.0 GHz, seems nicely fast :)
for a friend's upgrade.  It went with an Asrock 775 Twins-HDTV mobo - a
nice array of features but I don't know about linux support b/c they're
windows only users...

Whatever you do, don't go HT.  It's not worth the effort.
--
Iain Buchanan <iain at netspace dot net dot au>

Why is the alphabet in that order?  Is it because of that song?
                -- Steven Wright