On Wednesday 15 March 2006 01:33 am, Goran Maksimović wrote:
> Read it! But with that you didn't still answer my question :).
>
> Bye
>
> Goran

You could probably not use any USE flags and just install applications to do
the things you need, mysql, apache, kde, kmplayer, etc. If you think you need
some extra functionality from a specific program, you then should add it. No
one but you will know what you need to add. You can also change your USE
flags around later and re-install something if you need to.

I would do something like this to see what you think you might need

emerge -vp kde kmplayer xmms apache mysql k3b (etc etc)

This will give you all of the USE flags available for each program and which
are included by default with the package. Then set them accordingly and rerun
the emerge without the p option.