On Wed, 15 Mar 2006 17:24:12 -0700
Joseph wrote:

> Good try, but it didn't work either.
> When, I mount the DVD and try:
> mkisofs -o mydvd.iso /mnt/dvdr/
> I get:
> mkisofs: Input/output error. can not read from
> '/mnt/dvdr/video_ts/vts_01_0.bup'
>
> I run out of ideas as well how to copy (my own) DVD to iso file.
>
> Thanks to all who responded, I'll put this case to rest I think.

Just to flog a dead horse, I suspect that there is indeed some error on
the dvd and that it is in the file video_ts/vts_01_0.bup

It may be that the error is insufficient to matter on playback (after
all, whats a few frames of video between friends, the eye hardly notices
it ), but when the computer actually needs a bitwise copy it barfs?