On Thursday 23 March 2006 11:22, "Christopher O'Neill"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote about '[gentoo-user] Re: KDE version':
> I've been using 3.5.1 for a while also, imo it should stay in unstable
> for now.  There are a few bugs with the desktop, Konqueror and
> Kaffeine also has a habit of seg-faulting.  I am considering
> rebuilding it with the debug flags to I can submit some useful bug
> reports.
>
> I think packages in stable should be stable as the name says, not
> simply "older than 30 days" or whatever ;-)

It's not /simply/ older than 30 days.  They have to be ~ARCH for /at least/
30 days, so that ~ARCH users have plenty of time to find and file bugs
that exist.  It's rather hard to say a package is stable before it's gone
through the ~ARCH users cleanly, so I'd say that "stable" implies "older
than 30 days" therefore "stable and older than 30 days" == "stable".

So, really, stable gentoo packages are stable as the name says. :)

(That said, I love my ~amd64 machine; but I regularly upgrade and have
enough time to file most to all of the bugs I find.)

--
"If there's one thing we've established over the years,
it's that the vast majority of our users don't have the slightest