From: james <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Further probs/phenomena
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 16:10:01 +0000 (UTC)

Hi,

 thank you for your help.

 My previous system was an LFS one, from which I took the complete
 configuration of the linux kernel. That's why I took a vanilla kernel
 for gentoo (by the way: Why is it named "vanilla" for such kind of
 things an not -- say -- straciatella, schoco, walnut or even tutti
 frutti :O)

 As I am right at the beginning with my understanding and knowledge
 about the gentoo system, I would like to know, what this "~86" in
 /etc/portage/package.keywords does.

 Is it advebtureous to do so, or is it just a good working tuning
 thing for x86 systems ?

 Anbother question: Is there a documentation of the _installed_ gentoo
 system -- not the installing process as such?

 Have a nice week!

 Keep hacking!
 mcc