Hola!

After a recent rebuild starting with a failed hard drive, I think I've got
everything nailed down... except

root ~ $ rc-status -s default
Runlevel: all
 alsasound                               [ broken   ]
 apmd                                    [ broken   ]
xdm                                      [ broken   ]
 xfs                                     [ broken   ]
 * You have some broken symbolic links as reported by the broken
 * status above. This can be fixed by removing the broken service
 * from its runlevel and re-adding it back using rc-update.

Now, it shows that every service is [broken], but the advice to remove the
broken service using rc-update -d (service) and add it in again does nothing.
Everything is still [broken].

Anyone seen this, and have an idea how to fix it?

Thanks.

Peter

--
Conformity is the refuge of the unimaginative.