On Sun, 02 Apr 2006 18:29:00 +0200 (CEST)
Meino Christian Cramer wrote:

> Hi,
>
>  I am looking for an applikation to cut videos I recorded with
>  a Siemens m740 dvbt receiver.
>
>  I tried dvbcut (seqfault) and avidemux (does not start...).
>
>  And the applikation should not be a Java based one.
>
>  Thank you very much for any help in advance !

sorry to reply twice!

Main Actor works well. It is available as an RPM. for SuSE from the Main Actor
site (google it).

1. Download the RPM file.
2. emerge rpm
3. emerge libsdl
4. rpm --nodeps MainActor(forgot the exact file name sorry).rpm
5. run mactor

You may not like the fact that it costs money, but you can play as long
as you like without paying, you just end up with a watermark on your
exported video. But its enough to see if it meets your needs.