Dan Johansson wrote:
> I only need a telnet client and not the whole server part. Any suggestions on
> alternatives to netkit-telnetd. The Client must behave just like the standard
> telnet-client (I have some expect-scripts using telnet).
>
> Regards,

[EMAIL PROTECTED] $ time sudo emerge -vb netkit-telnetd
real    0m13.975s
user    0m8.141s
sys     0m1.655s

netkit-telnetd is *very* small.  Just emerge it.  The server is not on
by default so you don't have to worry about it.  Or, if you are *really*
paranoid, emerge netkit-telnetd and then do this as root:

rm /etc/xinetd.d/telnetd /usr/sbin/telnetd

Now you only have a client!!

Jim