fire-eyes wrote:
> Hi, i'm trying to use bash completion. That is, the extended bash completion.
>
> I merged bash-completion, and it tells me to do the following:
>
>     einfo "Add the following to your ~/.bashrc to enable completion support."
>     einfo "NOTE: to avoid things like Gentoo bug #98627, you should set
> aliases"
>     einfo "after sourcing /etc/profile.d/bash-completion."
>     einfo
>     einfo "[[ -f /etc/profile.d/bash-completion ]] && \\ "
>     einfo "    source /etc/profile.d/bash-completion"
>
> I have done this as root, and also done an eselect bashcomp enable modules ,
> log out, back in, yet i am not able to complete modprobe -v ipw2[tab] which
> should expand to ipw2200.
>
> Any ideas?

try the following:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] $ source /etc/bash_completion

[EMAIL PROTECTED] $ modprobe -v snd-inte[tab][tab]
snd-intel8x0   snd-intel8x0m   snd-interwave   snd-interwave-stb

I have to hit tab twice to get a list.  Replace snd-inte with any module
you have.  I didn't compile ipw2200.  You could also just try:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] $ modprobe[space][tab][tab]
Display all 385 possibilities? (y or n)

Do you get something like the above?

Jim