On Wednesday 03 May 2006 07:58 pm, Teresa and Dale wrote:
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> >Set up a Samba server...  hmm... KDE Control Centre has a excellent
> > interface for that.  Very easy.
> >
> >In a related story...
> >
> >The first time I used Samba to do some network transfers I spent ten
> > minutes checking file intergrity.  It went so darn fast... I was sure
> > something was wrong.  No, it's just that windoze networking is so darn
> > slow!  It's now a pain to do anything windoze-to-windoze!  Linux and
> > Samba is so much faster!
>
> I tried the KDE setup but still no go.  I think I need to change
> something in the Linksys router, I'm not sure what though.  I think it
> is working on the Linux end.  I can ping the windoze box from my Linux
> box but I don't know how to do anything on the windoze side.  Pointers??

Windows XP?

My Computer >> My Network Places or something like that.

I swear, Windows has been so inconsistent over the years!  I loved how
networking was organized in 98SE, but in XP the only way to find the network
neighbourhood area is through a back door in the network settings whatever...
it's insane.

> Clueless.

Almost as clueless here.