On 05/05/06, Teresa and Dale <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

This is the home edition and ping was not there before.  I just
reinstalled it, it crashed, I may give it another go.  Maybe this
install has it.

The home edition also has the ping command.  Bring up the c:> prompt
and ping your Linux box address.  Also, netstat -ano will show you
which ip addresses your windoze box is connected to.

On the other hand, why does it crash?  Are you sure it is an OS
problem and not a hardware problem?  These days a properly configured
and patched Windoze box should be pretty stable.

PS.  Block 135-139, 445 and 3389 ports to/from the Internet at the LAN
periphery.  Otherwise, your box could get backdoored before you even
had a chance to run any M$Windoze updates.  ;-)
--
Regards,
Mick