Hi,

On Thu, 08 Jun 2006 03:37:01 -0500 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Justin R Findlay <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> > On Thu, Jun 08, 2006 at 01:51:09AM -0500, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> >>
> >> A few people have mentioned not having used Suexec making me
> >> wonder if there is some other way to allow myuser to run cgi?
> >
> > I usually run apache as apache:web with the user creating the web
> > stuff in the web group.
>
> I'm not sure of your meaning here.  So that gets around needing suexec
> to fire cgi programs under /home/myuser/public_html?

For that, there's not even need to put the user in the web group. Just
make the files the web server should present world readable (CGI: and
world executable). Suexec runs the scripts with a user account. That
approach is needed in order to keep (multiple) users on the machine
from peeking and poking at each others scripts and data storages. If
there's just one user on that machine or security from each other is
not an issue, suexec is not needed.

What you're experiencing seems to be just a missing ScriptAlias. RTFM
about calling CGIs...

-hwh