On Thursday 22 June 2006 22:47, Benno Schulenberg wrote:
> Bo Ørsted Andresen wrote:
> > Hence you may run into this problem for a lot of packages that
> > belong to modular X as they are upgraded to newer versions that
> > your /etc/portage/package.keywords doesn't unmask.
>
> Hmm...  Does package.keywords allow to keyword specific versions of
> a package?  Not here.  When trying it, it says: --- Invalid atom
> in /etc/portage/package.keywords.  (Portage-2.1-r1.)

Then I have no explanation for what happened so you can just disregard the
above statement. And yes does allow it. Whether it is a good idea is a
different question. I already gave you a link to the handbook. This
particular feature is covered in part 3, chapter 3. It's also covered in `man
portage`.

[1] http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/handbook/handbook-x86.xml?part=3&chap=3

--
Bo Andresen