Bo Ørsted Andresen wrote:
> On Friday 30 June 2006 21:17, Kristian Poul Herkild wrote:
>> My locale is supposed to be da_DK.ut8 but is reported to be ANSI_X3.4-1968
>>
>> The problems started after having updated to Gnome 2.14 and baselayout.
>> Before that it worked fine.
>>
>> Anybody familiar with this problem with UTF8 and ANSI_X3.4-1968?
>
> What version of glibc are you using? Also please post the output of the
> following commands:
>
> locale -a
> locale
> grep -v '^$\|^#' /etc/locale.gen
> grep -v '^$\|^#' /etc/locales.build

glibc version is: 2.3.6-r4

Output of locale -a:
locale: Cannot set LC_CTYPE to default locale: No such file or directory
locale: Cannot set LC_MESSAGES to default locale: No such file or directory
locale: Cannot set LC_COLLATE to default locale: No such file or directory
POSIX
da_DK.utf8

Output of locale:
locale: Cannot set LC_CTYPE to default locale: No such file or directory
locale: Cannot set LC_MESSAGES to default locale: No such file or directory
locale: Cannot set LC_ALL to default locale: No such file or directory
LANG=da_DK.UTF8
LC_CTYPE="da_DK.UTF8"
LC_NUMERIC="da_DK.UTF8"
LC_TIME="da_DK.UTF8"
LC_COLLATE="da_DK.UTF8"
LC_MONETARY="da_DK.UTF8"
LC_MESSAGES="da_DK.UTF8"
LC_PAPER="da_DK.UTF8"
LC_NAME="da_DK.UTF8"
LC_ADDRESS="da_DK.UTF8"
LC_TELEPHONE="da_DK.UTF8"
LC_MEASUREMENT="da_DK.UTF8"
LC_IDENTIFICATION="da_DK.UTF8"
LC_ALL=da_DK.UTF8

Output of grep -v '^$\|^#' /etc/locale.gen
da_DK.UTF-8 UTF8

Output of grep -v '^$\|^#' /etc/locales.build
da_DK.UTF8/UTF8

-Kristian