Bo Ørsted Andresen wrote:
> On Saturday 01 July 2006 02:14, Kristian Poul Herkild wrote:
>> glibc version is: 2.3.6-r4
>>
>> Output of locale -a:
>> locale: Cannot set LC_CTYPE to default locale: No such file or directory
>> locale: Cannot set LC_MESSAGES to default locale: No such file or directory
>> locale: Cannot set LC_COLLATE to default locale: No such file or directory
>
> So there is obviously something wrong with your locale.
>
>> Output of grep -v '^$\|^#' /etc/locale.gen
>> da_DK.UTF-8 UTF8
>
> At least on my computer (running glibc-2.4-r1) that must be:
>
> # grep da_DK.UTF /etc/locale.gen
> da_DK.UTF-8 UTF-8
>
> Note the dash in the second UTF-8. Without it I get errors resulting in a bad
> locale.
>
>> Output of grep -v '^$\|^#' /etc/locales.build
>> da_DK.UTF8/UTF8
>
> Just delete /etc/locales.build. /etc/locale.gen is replacing it. Then run:
>
> # locale-gen
>
> after making the above change to /etc/locale.gen and see if that solves
> anything.

Yup, it worked.

I still wonder how I managed to forget the dash in UTF-8 considering how
familiar I am with that particular locale. I must have been mentally
sleeping after having updated the baselayout. The funny part is that I
cannot even remember having touched it at all in 2006. My memory must be
detoriating ;)

But thanks for the help. Things work fine again :D

-Kristian