On Saturday 01 July 2006 02:14, Kristian Poul Herkild wrote:
> glibc version is: 2.3.6-r4
>
> Output of locale -a:
> locale: Cannot set LC_CTYPE to default locale: No such file or directory
> locale: Cannot set LC_MESSAGES to default locale: No such file or directory
> locale: Cannot set LC_COLLATE to default locale: No such file or directory

So there is obviously something wrong with your locale.

> Output of grep -v '^$\|^#' /etc/locale.gen
> da_DK.UTF-8 UTF8

At least on my computer (running glibc-2.4-r1) that must be:

# grep da_DK.UTF /etc/locale.gen
da_DK.UTF-8 UTF-8

Note the dash in the second UTF-8. Without it I get errors resulting in a bad
locale.

> Output of grep -v '^$\|^#' /etc/locales.build
> da_DK.UTF8/UTF8

Just delete /etc/locales.build. /etc/locale.gen is replacing it. Then run:

# locale-gen

after making the above change to /etc/locale.gen and see if that solves
anything.

--
Bo Andresen