Francesco Talamona <ti.liame <at> email.it> writes:

> > The closest
> > would be
> > beagle (I haven't looked a beagle since 0.0.10).
> Using 0.2.7, it's quite good.

Boy this is interesting.

beagle: /etc/beagle /usr/lib/beagle /usr/share/beagle

/usr/lib/beagle  show a mulitude of *.exe  *.dll files

these are microsuck files (yuck)....

no man beagle

I can't seem to find the executable to lauch beagle
nor any documentation  (this is ironic,
a package to make various types of documentation
availabe via one system, has no docs.....?)

I did find the beagle docs online, but, I'm not
too interested in installing a package that contains
lots of binaries.....

What's up with all of those binaries? dll and .exe
files

After reading a while I figure out its a bunch of
mostly binary files that when the beagled is ran
it takes hours to index your personal (~user) files.

I was looking for a tool to search and combine
the various types of documentation, from a variety
of locations realted to software I emerge.

I do not think I need a (clandestine) binary only demon
running for hours to parse and index my personal stuff.

Sounds very suspect to me....

If anyone has so much stuff they cannot organize, it's
time to hit the delete key.....

James