> > Why not set up your camera to act as a USB disk?
> > I do it this way and use the very special tools like ``mount'',
``ls''
> > and ``cp'' ;o)))))))))))))
>
> I second this.  Just set something like:
> /dev/sda   /mnt/sda    auto,vfat,msdos noauto,user,noatime     0 0
> /dev/sda1  /mnt/sda1   auto,vfat,msdos noauto,user,noatime     0 0
> depending on what your camera's flash memory is recognised as (look in
> your
> dmesg output when you plug it in) and then use ls, or your file
manager to
> look at and manipulate its contents.  If you have hald it should be
picked
> up
> automatically without you having to create the /mnt/sda directory or
> manually
> mount/umount the device.
>
> --
> Regards,
> Mick
[Timothy A. Holmes]
Springboarding from this, Can someone point me to a SIMPLE procedure for
making my card reader / flash drives auto mount -- I do it routinely
from the command line and it works nicely, but the automount would be
nice

TIM

Timothy A. Holmes
IT Manager / Network Admin / Web Master / Computer Teacher

Medina Christian Academy
A Higher Standard...

Jeremiah 33:3
Jeremiah 29:11