User

I was attracted to Gentoo because it was different, and I'm attracted to
things like that.

Coming from a background of Slackware and Redhat, I fell in love with the ease
of portage

But I strongly believe one of the biggest strengths of Gentoo is this list. I
have learned more from reading this list and from implementing suggestions and
fixes from this list, than in my entire linux past.

Finally, I'm very interested in embedded Linux, and Gentoo embeds wonderfully.
I've built a robot running Gentoo out of a CF card, and the Gentoo structure
is very well suited to that.