Michael Sullivan wrote:
I'm having a problem with ipkungfu on one of my boxes.  According to the
log files, it's running, but it doesn't seem to be firewall-ing.  It's
not working on 192.168.1.2.  Here's nmap output from 192.168.1.3:

camille ~ # nmap -sT -PT 192.168.1.2

Starting Nmap 4.01 ( http://www.insecure.org/nmap/ ) at 2006-10-04 20:39
CDT
Interesting ports on bullet.espersunited.com (192.168.1.2):
(The 1657 ports scanned but not shown below are in state: closed)
PORT     STATE SERVICE
21/tcp   open  ftp
22/tcp   open  ssh
25/tcp   open  smtp
53/tcp   open  domain
80/tcp   open  http
111/tcp  open  rpcbind
139/tcp  open  netbios-ssn
143/tcp  open  imap
445/tcp  open  microsoft-ds
587/tcp  open  submission
631/tcp  open  ipp
746/tcp  open  unknown
993/tcp  open  imaps
2049/tcp open  nfs
3632/tcp open  distccd
MAC Address: 00:10:4B:73:8E:81 (3com)

Nmap finished: 1 IP address (1 host up) scanned in 0.597 seconds

OK. What does iptables -L report? Is iptables in your default runlevel? (hint: it shouldn't be.) If iptables is being started after ipkungfu for some reason, it may be overwriting ipkungfu's iptables rules with its saved (blank) ruleset. Try 'rc-update del iptables && reboot' if iptables is present in any runlevels. When you start ipkungfu, are there any error messages?