Hi,
Mick schrieb:
On Thursday 09 November 2006 07:09, Wolfgang Liebich wrote:
Hi,
Sorry for writing the first email in german - it was meant for
gentoo-user-de :-/
Now the same question in english...
Wolfgang Liebich schrieb:
I've got a new PC at work and installed it with gentoo linux. My old
work PC is also a gentoo system. I tried to setup
the machines pretty similar. BUT:
On my new PC rdesktop can't connect to any of our WindowsXP machines. I
always get the error message listed above
(a windows for rdesktop appears & disappears after the error msg is
shown).

I assume that you have checked all the obvious access rights and network configuration issues (like the firewall configuration on the WinXP machines, the particular -l username access rights for login on interactively at the WinXP console, etc.)?

Yes:
- There is no firewall between the winxp machines (plural :-/) and the linux boxen (old or new) - I do net even GET to the login mask, so user permissions don't play a role (and if I connect from the OLD gentoo box, I can login).