As they say, security comes at the cost of convenience (and storage in this case), so I think the most secure solution is to just copy over the data I need to publish to the chroot. I've given it thought, and I don't want the potential apache hax0r to get to (and potentially delete) all my original pictures/videos. The downside is that I'll probably have 90% of them copied to the /chroot/www directory for publishing.

The mount --bind thing looked nice, but you can't change the mount permissions from what those directories already have, i.e. if I have /stuff/pics on a filesystem mounted rw, I can't then mount --bind it to ro. At least that's what the man page says. If I could mount it to ro, that might be a better alternative.

Thanks,
Brian

Hans-Werner Hilse wrote:
Hi,