Hi,

On Mon, 13 Nov 2006 09:51:33 -0500 Brian Davis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> The mount --bind thing looked nice, but you can't change the mount
> permissions from what those directories already have, i.e. if I have
> /stuff/pics on a filesystem mounted rw, I can't then mount --bind it
> to ro.  At least that's what the man page says. If I could mount it
> to ro, that might be a better alternative.

Not the "--bind" way, that's right. You could, however, do it with a
loopback'ed network fs mount. Depending on the usage scenario and
production stability needed, that might be an option.

BTW, if this data is valuable, you should have backups on different
media, but you certainly know that...

-hwh