Alexander Skwar wrote:

> Impossible to do. Nothing at all can be done without knowledge.
>
> IMO a better question is: How hard is it, to get proper
> knowledge?
>
> Answer: Easy, thanks to the excellent LVM howto. See
> http://tldp.org/HOWTO/LVM-HOWTO/
>

> < snip >
>

> Alexander Skwar

I'm not sure about that "easy" part just yet.  It takes me a while to
get my light bulb to come on and at least glow a bit.  Here is what I
found in my kernel menuconfig:

>   │ │      [*] Multiple devices driver support (RAID and
> LVM)                          │ │
>   │ │      < >   RAID support
> (NEW)                                                    │ │
>   │ │      <*>   Device mapper
> support                                                 │ │
>   │ │      < >     Crypt target support
> (NEW)                                          │ │
>   │ │      < >     Snapshot target (EXPERIMENTAL)
> (NEW)                                │ │
>   │ │      < >     Mirror target (EXPERIMENTAL)
> (NEW)                                  │ │
>   │ │      < >     Zero target (EXPERIMENTAL)
> (NEW)                                    │ │
>   │ │      < >     Multipath target (EXPERIMENTAL)
> (NEW)                               │ │
>   │ │      < >     Bad Block Relocation Device Target (EXPERIMENTAL)
> (NEW)             │ │

Do you use any of the other EXPERIMENTAL drivers?  Keep in mind, I don't
use modules on my rig, except for nvidia.  I just don't, never did.  I
put it all in there and go for broke.  LOL

May start a new thread on this, unless the OP is following along as
well.  ??  What you think?

Thanks

Dale