Mick wrote:
Hi All,

My laptop does not have a DVD writer, only a DVD/CD player. On the other hand, my desktop has the works. Other than booting the desktop in Gentoo and burning DVDs directly, is there a way to use it remotely from my laptop? Can I define in K3B my desktop's DVD drive(s)? How can I set this up for a LAN connection?

While at it, is there a way to achieve this at all when the desktop is not running Gentoo, but WinXP?

PS. I do not currently have SAMBA configured on either box.

Use mkisofs (app-cdr/cdrtools) to prepare an ISO image and transfer that over to the box with the burner.