On Thu, 30 Nov 2006, Matthias Bethke wrote:

Hi Jorge,
on Wednesday, 2006-11-29 at 21:00:06, you wrote:

Are you sure you aren't being sent to the Portuguese version because
Google finds your IP is in Portugual and redirects you to where it
thinks you want to go? I've seen this in .de, .br and .ph, so I presume
it's the same in other countries.

Yes, but redirection shouldn't be a problem. The Google preferences
are supposed to determine what language Google uses and what pages it
searches, and these preferences are just not kept.

I also don't want the national versions so I go directly to
http://www.google.com/advanced_search
where the redirection doesn't happen. Works fine in any browser here.

It is good to have this link, together with others mentioned in this
thread.  But I need to search files in several languages, not just
English, so I set the preferences. Then, since they are not kept, I would
have to do it everytime I would start a search!

Cheers,

Jorge