Hi all,

I have a Core2Duo T5600 1,83 MHz in my notebook. Today I read on the
GentooWeeklyNewsletter to use "-march=nocona (and an amd64 profile) for Core
2 Solo/Duo"

Currently I'm using:
CFLAGS="-O2 -march=pentium-m -pipe"
CHOST="i686-pc-linux-gnu"
CXXFLAGS="${CFLAGS}"
MAKEOPTS="-j3"
and
/usr/portage/profiles/default-linux/x86/2006.1/desktop/
as profile and gcc -v told me I'm using 4.1.1-r1

Now my questions:
1. What wold be the benefits of chanching the CFLAGS?
2. After chanching do I have to emerge everithing again? or what should I
do?
3. They mentiont to use a amd64 profile, does this mean to use 64bit?
because I would like to stay with 32bit.
4. I used gcc -v to check the gcc verison I'm using, is this the rigth
command?

Thanks for any help

Jakob