Hi.

You may have built up a collection of downloaded packages in
/usr/portage/distfiles if you have been upgrading regularly. I would recommend
running revdep-rebuild which will check to see if any packages are missing
dependancies and will re-emerge those missing.

David
Note: These views are my own, advice is provided with no guarantee of success.
I do not represent anyone else in any emails I send to this list.