Hi,

On Mon, 8 Jan 2007 11:22:58 -0500 "Henk Boom" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Is it unusual  that I lost about 500 megabytes net in the past couple
> of weeks due to upgrades?

That will solely depend on your "world". Note that there might be some
packages for which there's a _slotted_ new version wich gets installed
at some upgrade points. A new slot means one more concurrent copy of the
application in question -- e.g. gcc, which can get big!

> Also, how do I know whether or not any of
> the packages installed were mangled by having run out of disk space?

What do you mean by "mangled"? Of course, logging might stop at some
point and some programs won't likely start at all. But there aren't
files deleted or stuff like that...

-hwh