Hans-Werner Hilse wrote:

> Thanks for that link. The document is _very_ good and complete. But I
> don't think it's particularly well suited for beginners.
>
> My suggestion would probably be very conservative: netfilter.org's own
> docs. http://www.netfilter.org/documentation/index.html
>
> -hwh

OK.  I just had to reply to this one.  FINALLY somebody explained how
the heck iptables works and what it does in a way that makes sense to
ME.  The best part is that there is a INPUT chain and a OUTPUT chain
then you connect them together with iptables.  THAT I could understand.
Why can't they put stuff like this in the man page so that nuts like me
can understand it?

Thanks much for that link.

Dale

:-)  :-)