Hi all!

Thank you very much for trying to help me on this strange things. I
hope i didn't have overseen a very simple thing which causes this
problem.

dale wrote

[EMAIL PROTECTED] / # equery files shorewall
[ Searching for packages matching shorewall... ]
* Contents of net-firewall/shorewall-3.0.8:
/etc
/etc/init.d
/etc/init.d/shorewall
/etc/shorewall

As you can see all paths are containing shorewall, so a simple find
would detect all the files and i have nothing of them remaining on my
system

ian wrote

ah yes, I recall the cruft script!  Does it exclude any directories?

no i have checked that before there is nothing in my lib/findcruft
which excludes shorewall from being detected.

The only last thing I could suggest is running lsof to see what files
are being accessed when you start the net.eth1 script.

Thanks, thats a good idea, i will try that.

uwe wrote

I am using shorewall and it doesn't do it here.

I haven't replied in this thread so far because I have not the slightest idea
what causes the trouble. Actually I have  tried to simulate what Daniel did.
Even so, net.eth0 (in my case) doesn't change my iptables rules.

Another thing i will try is to reemerge shorewall put my configuration
back run shorewall and search for the files which have changed
recently.