On Tuesday 30 January 2007 15:22, Bo Ørsted Andresen wrote:
> On Tuesday 30 January 2007 14:09:43 Neil Bothwick wrote:
> > > Why would PORTAGE_TMPDIR be required to or in any way benefit
> > > from surviving reboots?
> >
> > Ask that when you've had a power failure ten hours into an OOo
> > emerge :-O
>
> So you actually used FEATURES=keepwork for that?

Doesn't FEATURES=keepwork cause /var/tmp/portage/<pkg cat>/<pkg name> to
not be deleted after a *successful* merge? I don't use that feature and
the work files for all failed emerges are always left behind. Not that
they are especially useful in any way...

> Anyway if you know
> how to do that you certainly know how to avoid that /tmp gets wiped
> during reboot too (which it doesn't unless you make it so). And OOo
> only takes 5½ hours to compile.. :p

Hah, so my machine isn't so bad. 4 hours 57 minutes 34 seconds with
everything enabled except linguas (english only) and dev stuff.

4 hours 2 seconds with gnome, kde and all other fluff out of USE. It's
enough to make a fellow wanna consider openoffice-bin...

alan