Hi,

I try to install udev/hal/pmount  in such a way that my usb devices are
automounted. But not with a changable name in the media folder, but with a
fixed name like /mnt/camera (or /media/camera.. whatever. As long as it's the
same every time..)

At this moment most things work, but when I add the mountpoints to fstab
things go wrong. kde pops up a window and an error "permission denied". The
later is understandable as it seems to try to open a mount in the media dir
which doesn't exists instead of the mount point as given in the fstab.
Regretfully the /mnt/camera isn't mounted either.

So adding a line to the fstab file just screws up the system as  it seems.
Removing it leaves me with changable names in the media folder (/media/disk,
media/disk-1, depending on what's happening..

So I see two sollutions:

- Or the mediamanager whould open the path as givien in the fstab (but where
do I tell it to do so?)

- Or I should be able to give the pmount a label (the second parameter) so it
creates a /media/<label>. But again.. where can I do this.

The main reason that I want a fixed name is for programs like digikam which
expects such a path for importing images.  Besides, on of the howtos
suggested that using the fstab should work. So why doesn't it..

Anybody a suggestion?

--
Ithaka photography, http://ithaka.mine.nu/