Hi,

On Fri, 23 Feb 2007 05:27:08 -0600 "Boyd Stephen Smith Jr."
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Thursday 22 February 2007 23:14, paulie.x wrote:
> > Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. napsal(a):
> > > On Thursday 22 February 2007, jcd <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote
> > >
> > > about '[gentoo-user] Problem with UNICODE and man pages encoding':

> I don't have a line that looks anything like that in my make.conf

No, the poster most definitely meant to write man.conf instead of
make.conf.

That would be correct.

But his output looks like he already gets UTF-8 out of "man". He just
borked his terminal settings or is running a non-Unicode terminal.
Otherwise, there would just be one glyph for an unrecognized code
sequence, plus probably the following char being eaten.

So to the OP: Configure your terminal accordingly (for console: set
consoletrans and -font correctly) or if you didn't yet, install a
unicode-aware terminal program.

-hwh