Hi,
  I've been cleaning up a machine trying to fix a problem with
Evolution crashing. I'm down to the point where all the dependencies
(emerge -DuN and revdep-rebuild) are clean but when I run emerge
--depclean wants remove packages that would break dependencies.

  I understand that I could fix this by adding these 15 packages to
the world file on this machine, but isn't doing that really wrong?

  Is there no tool better than emerge --depclean for determining what
really needs to be removed?

  Here's a list of what --depclean wants to remove:

net-misc/curl
perl-core/Digest-MD5
perl-core/DB_File
media-libs/jasper
dev-lang/tk
sys-libs/libcap
perl-core/libnet
x11-libs/libXvMC
perl-core/Storable
dev-lang/swig
dev-scheme/guile
x11-libs/fox-wrapper
gnome-extra/at-spi
media-libs/jbigkit
dev-lang/tcl

  Many, but not all, of these seem to be traceable back to either
Evolution, spamassassin or Gnome.

  Are these bugs in the ebuilds that should be reported or is there
some correct way for me to fix this up?

Thanks,
Mark