On Tuesday 06 March 2007, Philip Webb wrote:

> which does not offer any helpful advice.
> There are no bugs answering to 'Epiphany freeze' or 'Konqueror freeze'.
>
> I'm using Kernel 2.6.18-gentoo, KDE 3.5.6 , Epiphany 2.16.3 & Xorg-x11 7.1
> . Otherwise, my system is very stable & problem-free.

I'm experiencing something similar at equally random intervals. I have had
maybe 3 of these freezes since the end of December. I am reasonably sure it
is not memory, since I have emerge -e world 3-4 times since then (don't ask)
and I have never had any unreproducible gcc errors. At one time I had a
routine that helped me replicate the problem (now I just avoid it):
Go to forums.gentoo.org, grab a thread with massive posts. Click-drag a link
quickly in circles. Boom!
The last freeze I had was last week, when I had 10 Konqueror windows open with
on average 3 tabs each. Rtorrent was running in the background and suddenly
my system deadlocked. I could still move the mouse but I couldn't click on
anything. I suspect that if I could bother to write down the magic SYSRQ
keys, I would be able to do a clean reboot.
The program I suspect is Konqueror (probably bad interaction with fglrx),
since that is always open. I also always have Kmail, Konversation, Akregator,
AmaroK, rtorrent and Kate running, though.

AMD Athlon 2500+
Ati X800 fglrx AGP
1 GB ram
~X86
Kernel 2.6.19-gentoo-r4 (waiting for someone to make a stable .20)

--
/PA