Hi, guys

Recently I was looking through my logs when I got  pissed off (again) by
the big number of lines showing something like 'sshd: auth. error:
unknown user "XXX" from "some IP address"'. I wrote a script which
automatically sets all connections from those IP addresses to be
dropped. Next I decided to change "-j DROP" with "-j TARPIT" and I
realized that gentoo-sources doesn't provide the netfilter target "TARPIT".

My question: what is the best way get this iptables module working w/o
diverting too much from the official Gentoo installation. I mean the
normal way is to use patch-o-matic to patch iptables source and vanilla
kernel source, then build and install. I have the feeling that it is not
exactly the right thing to with Gentoo.

Any advices would be much appreciated.

--
Best regards,