Grant Edwards wrote:
> My point is that why should you have to edit something before
> you can get legible output from something as basic as "ls".
> Why not default to a _useful_ condition?

It's VERY legible on all of the systems I administer - but, then, I use
the text-based console, not some horrible imitation in X. The colours
make text far more legible in such an environment, accentuating the
important bits very well. I see that as a "useful condition". Anyone who
uses an X-based "console" should expect to have to tweak things to suit
their own requirements.

Be lucky,

Neil