On 4/25/07, Iain Buchanan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi all,

recently I borrowed (and will probably soon buy a related model) a JVC
"HD" HD video camera.   (The first "HD" is for high def!).

Anyway, the great feature is it records on a 40Gb hard disk, but the
annoying thing is the video files are named in hex:
<SNIP>

which is in completely the wrong order, so trying to categorise / edit
the files becomes a pain, as the more files I have, the further out of
place they get!  `ls` doesn't sort it like nautilus - it does what I
expect and puts it in the right order.

so in short, is there any way around this?  Can I tell nautilus to stop
being "clever"?  I had a look in the options, but I can't find it.
(There's always `emerge -C gnome; emerge kde` but I don't know if that
will fix everything ;)

TIA,

Assuming the files are time stamped then sort by date & time instead of by name?

HTH,
Mark