Hi, all. I want to do an "emerge -uDN world", mostly to update Xorg to the
newest
stable version. However, I have one package that I don't want to update, that
being media-tv/mythtv. Now, the version of mythtv (and associated mythtv
plugins)
that I have installed currently has been removed from Portage, so the normal
package.mask changes don't appear to work and only offer a downgrade. I know I
could just do each update individually (and get around this), but I'd like to
stay
lazy and let "emerge -uDN world" just work. ;)

The nitty gritty:

I have installed:

media-tv/mythtv-0.20_p13288

Portage has an update:

media-tv/mythtv-0.20.1_p13344

But when I put this into package.mask

>=media-tv/mythtv-0.20.1_p13344

It then wants to downgrade to:

media-tv/mythtv-0.20_p13110

which I don't want.

Any suggestions? When faced with a similar problem in the distant past, I've
grabbed the old ebuild from CVS for mythtv (and plugins) and put it in an
overlay,
but that seems so inelegant... I'm not without a remedy, I just hope to find
out a
less invasive/cumbersome way to accomplish this.

Thanks in advance,

Jesse Adelman
San Francisco, CA
begin:vcard