Hans-Werner Hilse wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Wed, 02 May 2007 08:14:03 -0400 Colleen Beamer
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>>> What does "the font doesn't resize" mean exactly and how's that
>>> looking errorneous to you?
>> It's not that it's erroneous. I'm just being a bit anal.  In all my
>> other Gentoo installations, when the computer boots up, the font
>> starts out large, then there is a sort of blip and the penguin
>> graphic appears and the font becomes smaller..
>
> Hm, OK, I see. Does your kernel's command line contain a valid
> "video=..." setting?

I'm not sure what you mean here.  In my make.conf file, I have the line
video_cards="nvidia"

 Are you sure you're handing it a recognized mode
> string? (I.e. when there's something like "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" or so, the
> values aren't freely configurable but must match a valid video mode for
> the framebuffer driver in question -- most of them use those from the
> "modedb"). Also, you'll need not just framebuffer, but framebuffer
> console support, too.

I use genkernel and there is a screen resolution of something that says
1024x768 and I can't edit it.  I also don't know what my horizontal and
vertical sync are because it's not in my documentation and when I used
ddxcinfo-knoppix -hsync, it returns 0 0 and ddcxinfo-knoppix -modlines
doesn't have a corresponding mode for my monitor - the resolution is
1920x1200.

Regards,

Colleen

--