Hi,

for a while I've been seeing errors like this:

fglX11AllocateManagedSurface: __FGLTexMgrAllocMem failed!!

on the screen when running screensavers, specifically "mirrorblob".  I
found an ubuntu link[1] which led me to an ATI link[2] which said it is
because posix shared memory isn't enabled.

Essentially it led me to `mount | grep "shm"`

"If the mount was successful, then the following output (or similar)
should appear:

tmpfs on /dev/shm type tmpfs (rw)"

and of course, this is already enabled.  So why am I seeing the error?
Has anyone else fixed this issue?  I don't know where to go next, google
only showed 1 match!

I am running ati-drivers-8.37.6-r1

[1] http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=1691647
[2] http://www2.ati.com/drivers/linux/linux_8.16.20.html#176878

thanks for the help,

Good day for overcoming obstacles.  Try a steeplechase.