Hello list,

I just got a new box for use at work, its an Intel Core Duo 1.8, 1GB
RAM, with an Intel graphic card, its a IBM Lenovo machine. My old one
is an Itautec Athlon XP 1.1GHz with 512MB RAM and an Nvidia AGP
graphic card.

My make.conf (intersting part):
CFLAGS="-mno-tls-direct-seg-refs -O2 -pipe -fomit-frame-pointer
-march=athlon-xp"
CHOST="i686-pc-linux-gnu"
CXXFLAGS="${CFLAGS}"
MAKEOPTS="-j2"

What I want to know is, will my software, compiled with the above
settings, run in the new processor?

Cause if it does, I may be able to compile a generic kernel set (using
genkernel) and udev should take care of most module loading, and I
won't need to rebuild all my stuff. I've tested some binary packages
with an old Pentium III processor, and it worked...

Anyway, should I start from scratch or there's an easy way to migrate
all this stuff?

--
Daniel da Veiga
Computer Operator - RS - Brazil