Am Samstag, 21. Juli 2007 schrieb Allan Gottlieb:

> Oops I forgot the nsplugin.  Is this the correct way to prevent
> nsplugin from being used for blackdown?
>
> echo "dev-java/blackdown-jre nsplugin" >>
> /etc/make.profile/package.use.mask echo "dev-java/blackdown-jdk nsplugin"
> >> /etc/make.profile/package.use.mask echo "dev-java/blackdown-java3d-bin
> nsplugin" >> /etc/make.profile/package.use.mask

No. /etc/make.profile is a softlink into the portage tree. What ever you
change there will be overwritten when you sync the tree next time. The
correct file is /etc/portage/package.use and the entry should be

dev-java/blackdown-jdk -nsplugin

And, this is only needed when you use this package. As long as it's not
installed on your system, you don't even need to worry.

Bye...

        Dirk