Grant a écrit :
> I just installed an AMD64 Athlon X2 cpu on my motherboard which was
> previously running an AMD64 Sempron.  Now I get an error about an
> unknown processor from the BIOS.  I can't even boot to a CD or run the
> BIOS setup.  How can I flash the BIOS from this position?
>
> - Grant

First what the relation with Gentoo ? So i made this thread OT...
And so, are you sure that your M/B is compatible with Athlon X2 ?
I think you have to make your checks before trying to flash your BIOS, despite
of I think that this work will be very hard because to flash your BIOS need to
run some instruction, and without a processor it will be hard !

But you can try to flash it with your old processor but i don't really think
this will help...

Regards,
Xavier Parizet

--