On Tue, Oct 02, 2007 at 03:00:49PM +0000, Penguin Lover Grant Edwards squawked:
> You probably want to disable generic IDE support and enable the
> combined SATA/PATA stuff in the new one.  The ATA stuff has
> been completely redone between 2.6.21 and 2.6.22.

I just installed 2.6.23-rc[some number here] a few days ago, and the
PATA stuff is labeled [experimental] while SATA is [prod]. I haven't
been really keeping up with the news, but how stable is the PATA
driver? (I am currently still on generic IDE) Is there a
performance/?? benefit from the new PATA driver?

"`Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.'
`Very deep,' said Arthur, `you should send that in to the
"Reader's Digest". They've got a page for people like you.'"

- Ford convincing Arthur to drink three pints in ten
minutes at lunchtime.
Sortir en Pantoufles: up 298 days, 17:33