Hi folks, here comes an interesting little problem.

I have two boxes, A and B, both running gentoo. Box B has got a full portage
tree, box A has none but nfs mounts it from B. This has worked for me for
several years.

Since some update lately, A can not nfs mount /usr/portage (or anything else)
from B. NFS mount is broken. I know that emerging nfs-utils will cure the
problem. On the other hand, I can not emerge nfs-utils on A without nfs
working. Hic rhodos, hic salta!

Anybody with an idea other than re-installing A?

Hm... Maybe with a livecd and chrooting.

Uwe

--
If a man speaks in a forest, and no woman listens to him,
is he still lying?