On Fri, 9 Nov 2007 12:06:11 +0200, Uwe Thiem wrote:

> Since some update lately, A can not nfs mount /usr/portage (or anything
> else) from B. NFS mount is broken. I know that emerging nfs-utils will
> cure the problem. On the other hand, I can not emerge nfs-utils on A
> without nfs working. Hic rhodos, hic salta!

Set compatible CFLAGS etc. on B and emerge --buildpkgonly nfs-utils. Then
copy the package from $PKGDIR/All/nfs-utils-* to A using sneakernet and
unpack it into /. Then mount /usr/portage and emerge nfs-utils to make
sure it is installed properly.

Alternative, and less kludgy, solution. Tar up /usr/portage on B, unpack
it on A.

This reminds me of why I let each machine have its own portage tree and
run a local rsync mirror :)

--
Neil Bothwick

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy.