Grant wrote:
What -march and CHOST settings would you guys use for a CPU that shows
up like this in cpuinfo:

Intel Pentium Dual CPU T2310 @ 1.46Ghz

I'd use "prescott" for this one, as you're using x86 CHOST anyway.

Does this CPU have 64-bit extensions?

I believe it does, check the flags at /proc/cpuinfo to be sure.
"nocona" would be my choice if possible to create a 64 bits system.

Alright, I'll give nocona a try.  Should I be using
CHOST="x86_64-pc-linux-gnu"?  And the processor family in the kernel
should be "Pentium-4/Celeron(P4-based)/Pentium-4 M/older Xeon"?

I wouldn't use x86_64-pc-linux-gnu unless you want to break your system. Unless
you are starting from scratch 64 bit.

Is there any way to switch to that CHOST after I've already installed
a stage3?  If I do get this working with 64 bits, will I be using
amd64 packages even though it's not an AMD system, or would I still be
x86?

- Grant
Have you already installed a 32bit stage3? If so there is no way to switch except for a reinstall. AMD64 is for both AMD and Intel 64 bit.

--Joshua Doll