Hello,

I just got a 500G FreeAgent (Seagate) drive.
I have it working via ivman:

/dev/sdb1 466G  144M  466G   1% /media/FreeAgent Drive

Bus 001 Device 003: ID 0bc2:3000 Seagate RSS LLC

I'm able to cd into it's directory tree and read various
files.

I assume it has NTFS by default. I have all of the legacy
doz file systems enabled along with idonify in the kernel.

I want to use it on both gentoo and windows systems
for a variety of tasks. What the best way to set it up
(ideas) so as to ensure what I copy onto the drive,
form either gentoo or xp I can copy off onto a gento
or XP based system? Should I delete any of the original
stuff that Seagate installs on the drive?

Also, I'm thinking about a udev rule or fstab entry
on the gentoo system to uniquely identify the drive
as I often attach several usb(stick or drive) devices
to one system at any given time; so I'm looking for
a scheme that they will each be unquely recognized (Labeled?

any caveats?

James